Author Topic: Looking to buy hunting land  (Read 1073 times)

Offline TomS

Looking to buy hunting land
« on: January 07, 2021, 07:33:08 PM »
Hey guys , lost my hunting spot of 25 years to a land trust, so I am looking to buy some acreage, just would like to know what areas have a good deer population. I want something close to me ( westchester  county) maybe around otisville, ellenville, liberty..rifle area.but have never hunted that area, can anyone give me some advice? Low taxes would be great too!

Offline jdbbowhunter

Re: Looking to buy hunting land
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 07:49:12 PM »
Don't know if low taxes is possible . But there is a lot of public land for hunting in Sullivan County. And if you get off the road some good hunting.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 05:50:37 AM »
jdb is right lots of state land to hunt around that area also lots of DEP land around the reservoirs..
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline LouieM

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 09:59:26 AM »
Between Liberty and bethel is beautiful country and lots of deer in and around the AG lands. Not to mention Antler restriction which everyone I talk to say they can tell the difference.  I had access to a 50 Acre chunk just outside liberty for 2 seasons - mostly hay fields. Great hunting. Property is not cheap.   I've been saving to buy some land that I can hunt so I am constantly on zillow and I will say prices are crazy these days considering it mostly gets bought up by developers. Until then I have been taking advantage of the amount of public land available.  If I were coming from down state I would also consider buying a few acres adjacent to state/dep land for a spot to base out of. 

Offline Yotehntr

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 06:19:24 PM »
Personally, I’d be looking into western Connecticut, if parameters are to stay close

Offline cbyzerman

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 08:28:02 AM »
Drive another 1.5 hrs west  past ellenville...  Much bigger bucks and much cheaper land...  Cheaper taxes 2

Offline gdk45

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 03:36:59 PM »
My deceased friends property is for sale.  Some nice bucks and a couple of bears have come off of here.  Comes with a house and barn too.  I hunted it for the last time this season.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1032-Kings-Hwy-Saugerties-NY-12477/32869157_zpid/

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal