Online jdbbowhunter

Re: fisher
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 06:23:06 PM »
Very Nice. They are cool animals.

Online greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 07:39:56 PM »
Good catch our season is only 6 days here I have one living behind our house he disappeared for the 6 days lol came back her all the time now

Offline ATS1755

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • This man's best friend RIP 2011-2020
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 04:03:53 AM »
Great catch!

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 04:10:49 AM »
Great little mammals they make a nice addition to the show room.  Heres one i mounted for the national taxidermy competition few years back. Everything inside her is all made myself she even has her real skull and teeth in her. She was the highest scoring small mammal at the show and scored a 94 but needed a 95 to win north american champion.. Politics are everywhere. lol
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 04:23:26 AM »
Couple more all hand made . Found this old hand made have a heart trap tucked inside a bigger one in a over hang on the gunks 20+ years ago. Im almost positive it was a old timer named Abe Warsh who built and used them back in the early 70's. I described them to him in his later years and he said he use to make and hide them and forget were they were..lol  I recently ended up selling these pieces a few years ago to some collector in Vermont or Maine and would like to get one of them back if i could find the person who  bought them....
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..

Online greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 05:36:33 AM »
That last mount is why I wanted to get one maybe next year

Online MUSKRAT

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 07:19:49 AM »
Nice job Ron ,  I like the fence post idea with the barb wire ...great work !!
you cook good rabbit pilgrim

I don't get up at 4 AM to play catch and release .

Offline bigfoot

• NYS STAFF
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 07:23:15 AM »
Ron, those mounts are amazing, really nice work!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

Offline WEM144

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 08:28:30 AM »
 Very cool mounts. That have-a-hart is bad ass....In years past I’ve seen quite a few fishers roaming through the woods during hunting season however this year I don’t think I’ve seen one of them.  From what I was told, they put quite the dent in the turkey population around here in the Hudson valley....
Oh Yeah !

Offline LouieM

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 08:59:03 AM »
I have seen a number of fishers in the past but none this year either.  I will say I have seen more turkeys this late summer/fall than year's past.  As long as this winter not too harsh I think next spring going to be a good one. 

Offline ATS1755

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • This man's best friend RIP 2011-2020
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 07:34:08 PM »
Awesome mounts Ron!

Offline KillerCrow

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 08:16:21 AM »
Awesome work as always Ron, this season in the woods I saw three of em, one place I bow hunt every time I was in the woods the same one would come they to say hi

Offline Appleman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Do it safely or not at all-- there is always time
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 01:12:15 PM »
Couple more all hand made . Found this old hand made have a heart trap tucked inside a bigger one in a over hang on the gunks 20+ years ago. Im almost positive it was a old timer named Abe Warsh who built and used them back in the early 70's. I described them to him in his later years and he said he use to make and hide them and forget were they were..lol  I recently ended up selling these pieces a few years ago to some collector in Vermont or Maine and would like to get one of them back if i could find the person who  bought them....

Abe W (RIP) with Dan A and myself 1988 on a snow hunt with his dogs Pete & Pepsi.  St Lawrence County, NY hunting frozen beaver flows.  Those dogs ran hares from sunup to sundown for 2 days and I have to say that it was hound heaven.  Hard packed snow the dogs could run on top with with 1" of sticky scent holding snow on top of that. It would take the dogs out of hearing, the kind of stuff books are written about.  Abe shot a double on one run and laughed about it for hours.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2021, 07:34:43 AM »
Great picture. Good ole days.. (beers)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal