Here are a few

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
Re: EHD
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2020, 08:39:08 PM »
Omg that really sucks.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Labman519

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2020, 08:46:37 AM »
This was mentioned at my gun club meeting on Wednesday night. I wouldn’t have known about it. This really sucks

Offline Yotehntr

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2020, 09:31:43 AM »
It’s widespread, much more than they think. At this rate won’t be anything left by the season. My friend in fishkill been in the woods for 10 minutes and found 2 dead and is now watching a bedded doe die...

Offline bowski76

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2020, 09:38:21 AM »
This happened in Rockland County about 10 years ago. I saw 12 dead deer in a small wooded lot.
My friend works for the highway dept and they were picking up multiple dead deer everyday.

Very sad to see.

Offline ATS1755

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • This man's best friend RIP 2011-2020
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2020, 10:35:53 AM »
What a shame! I've been out checking the water sources this past week around my hunting areas ( wurtsboro and rock hill) and thankfully nothing that I have seen. Hopefully it didn't' reach this far north.

Offline Relf25

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2020, 12:59:15 PM »
This is scary stuff, what r some symptoms? I had a nice buck show up with a swollen and hurt upper leg
TEAM TAG OUT

Offline Yotehntr

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2020, 02:34:10 PM »
Basically high fever, and foaming/drooling from the mouth. Doesn’t sound like that deer has it, but maybe? . Easy way to tell if your spot has it, is walk the water sources. Hopefully it stays out of ulster county, that’s where I’ll probably be this year, at this point

Offline BuckSniper22

• NYS Supporter
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2020, 10:18:24 PM »
I’m in Campbell Hall right on the Washingtonville border. I have a pond in my backyard. When I got home tonight after dark I can smell something dead.  Going to check in the morning

Offline Yotehntr

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2020, 08:57:45 AM »
We found 1 buck and 5 does in one small pond yesterday, in rock tavern. It’s getting ridiculous over 30 dead in my neighborhood, that we know of. Yesterday in 400 yd stretch of creek 13 bodies.

Cambel hall area definitely has it, driving down 207 can smell death, where where streams cross the rd. Let us know what you find

Offline wardy

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2020, 09:45:28 AM »
Im pretty sure this disease is not contagious. It comes from a bug bite and wont spread from deer to deer. Hey Yote, im in union vale in Dutchess. Haven’t heard of any dead animals yet here. Would like to know what town in southern dutchess. You can pm me if u prefer

Offline grazan

• "Failing to plan is planning to fail"
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2020, 09:56:21 AM »
one of my original posts has an info sheet on it … not contagious from deer to deer … the vector is the NO SEE UMS fly
"FISHING IS A JERK ON ONE END OF  A LINE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER" Robert Hughes.. If you hunt or fish you should be a member of https://www.backcountryhunters.org, https://www.deerassociation.com/ AND https://www.nwtf.org/  & https://www.howlforwildlife.org/join?recruiter_id=23492

Offline Yotehntr

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2020, 02:26:17 PM »
Garrison up through fishkill and from what I’ve seen, mostly on river side of mountains. In Orange County, mostly goshen Campbell hall Rock tavern.Some spots get hit very hard, while you can go a mile away and not see any signs of it. I think the concentration of deer in area and the availability of water, is the big thing. If there’s a lot of deer visiting one area of water, that’s swarming with midges. It’s bad news. One farm in Goshen had 26 dead

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2020, 08:02:55 PM »
Hey yote just incase u or any friends are collecting any of the horns from the decaying carcass be very carefull not to get any bacteria into a cut.  I almost lost a finger in less then 24hrs was put on iv and i have friends who got a bad infection also. Dangorous stuff.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Yotehntr

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2020, 09:12:06 PM »
Wow, that’s pretty crazy. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I don’t come across anymore. I’m keeping fingers crossed on a couple, that live in the zones. In the 30’s tonight. It might slow it down. We’re Still Seeing sick deer. Feel bad for them

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal