Author Topic: EHD  (Read 9942 times)

Offline striperman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
Re: EHD
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2020, 07:49:44 AM »
found this floating in the moose club pond yesterday.No signs of any wounds but the face was a mess and stunk real bad.
Golf,the art of playing fetch with yourself.

Offline Cwills

« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2020, 07:55:29 PM »
Monroe, Chester, Goshen, Middletown areas all hit hard.  The woods smell of death in some swampy parts.  It’s bad.  Food plots had tons of deer in August and now are down to zero. 

Offline jmack413

• NYS Supporter
  • vegetarian old indian word for lousy hunter,
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2020, 06:43:00 AM »
 (hunt) found sunday in orchard up back here in new paltz   3 total that i found

Offline mardo

« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2020, 10:11:45 AM »
3 dead deer, dead in a creek and pond...town of poughkeepsie.

Sucks. One was a good buck, a spike and a doe. One looks like its been dead for awhile, couple weeks at least.

Offline GrizG

« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2020, 11:46:26 AM »
Residents are reporting a lot of dead deer in Athens/Coxsackie. I haven't heard yet if it is EHD or simply the increased number of full time residents due to COVID simply noticing the usual deer deaths due to collisions, coyotes, etc.
NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA
Ruffed Grouse Society Mid-Hudson

Offline NDA

• NYS Supporter
  • NORTHERN DUTCHESS ARCHERY
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2020, 03:00:02 PM »
EHD is running wild in our are. 25 dead deer in or along the creek from kidd lane in Tivoli to 9G.
 if you have water in your hunting area check it for dead deer & report it!
 845-256-3098 is dec wildlife#. Normally once they find it in an area they are not interested in collecting samples unless it is over 10 miles from existing case
With the doubling of doe permits & the record number of hunting licenses our deer population will be decimated for years.
NORTHERN DUTCHESS ARCHERY WE PUT THE PRO BACK IN PRO SHOP - LOCATED ON RT 9 RED HOOK, NY 845-758-3651 ndarchery.com OR LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Offline Carm

« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2020, 05:22:15 PM »
Terrible. Almost to Columbia County now.  This thread is like mainstream media. I just can't read it anymore cause because just pisses me off.

Offline Tippin'Scales

• Posted
  • NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
  • Tippin' Scales Sportfishing
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2020, 07:34:48 PM »
Any reports of it in northern 3j and 3c Stone ridge/Kingston area? I'm definitely not seeing deer activity like I expected so far.

Offline RD&SONS

« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2020, 08:03:02 PM »
It’s Mother Nature doing her job the deer heard will be fine. We have plenty of deer here in the southern zone. We need to stop them from taking away the antler restriction areas the D.E.C.want’s to do away with it. 

Offline retired

« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2020, 05:01:28 AM »
I was working in new paltz nyquist bird sanctuary yesterday and could smell death along trial by water

Offline Tippin'Scales

• Posted
  • NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
  • Tippin' Scales Sportfishing
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2020, 10:39:22 AM »
It’s Mother Nature doing her job the deer heard will be fine. We have plenty of deer here in the southern zone. We need to stop them from taking away the antler restriction areas the D.E.C.want’s to do away with it.

There's really talk of stopping Antler Restriction Rick?

Offline LouieM

« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2020, 10:52:11 AM »

There's really talk of stopping Antler Restriction Rick?

I was going to ask the same. I've seen nothing but promotion for it. It is mainly in areas with lower deer numbers

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2020, 02:10:58 PM »
Dont know where he gets his information..
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline ole bleu

« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2020, 03:38:01 PM »
Yes it is Jeremy Hurst our top DEC biologist says theres no need for it as most hunters are now doing this voluntarily this came from a report at our monthly gun club meeting as an update from the federation

Offline RD&SONS

« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2020, 03:45:48 PM »
YES THEY ARE!!  I believe everybody on this website has heard of Jay Martin he is One of the individuals who got this antler restriction started he’s not happy!! he is heavily involved with the Federation we had a Gun Club meeting Tuesday night and he brought it up he would like everybody to contact the D.E.C. and tell them do not do this he has numbers and emails Who to contact he told me he would get hold of Ron and have him put it on the website also.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal