Author Topic: Cell cams  (Read 2146 times)

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
Cell cams
« on: August 29, 2020, 06:49:07 AM »
How many guys are now using cell cams and what ones and how are they working

Offline DK

Re: Cell cams
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 01:56:11 PM »
Bought my first one this year, a Stealth Fusion. So far no complaints.

Offline Scottymags

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 07:52:01 PM »
I have a SPYPOINT,has been great so far

Offline Relf25

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 08:49:28 AM »
Been using Bushnell trophy cam since 2016. Works awesome, never helped me harvest a buck but it’s taken over 7500 pics with no issues so far. Have a few more but only have a second one out. All Bushnell.
TEAM TAG OUT

Offline single pin

• NYS Supporter
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 07:05:06 PM »
I went with the tactacam reveal.  $99 but it works well.  I sold my exodus renders and was able to buy 4 of these.  The data plans are reasonable too.

Offline Scottymags

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 08:48:31 PM »
Good luck with it,hopefully we can see some pics!

Offline Yotehntr

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 04:37:36 PM »
SPYPOINTs and tactacam. So far the tactacam wins

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 02:18:38 PM »
I have a moultree 6000 and I will say after a month of crappy service and a few emails I will never use their system again

Offline KillerCrow

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 05:16:57 PM »
I got two different ones this season a stealth cam and a wild game innovations
So far neither have worked one was told is a firm ware issue and I places it 4.5 hrs away and it said was uploading to cloud and I could view via blue tooth
Tech told me go back get cam and return that’s the wild game innovations
The stealth cam so far was told that needs to be in service area for up to 48 hrs before it can properly upload pic s, been in woods since last Monday and today finally said synced but have only got one photo so walked to, to day dances infrong of it for ten min and again no pic a
Not a fan but maybe it’s user error or the places I hunt do not have good enough service

Offline ole bleu

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 07:16:19 PM »
Haven’t tried any other cellular cam I’m running two SPYPOINT in the lowlands with good results and my buddy has one in the Catskills up high with good results as well

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 05:54:17 AM »
Haven’t tried any other cellular cam I’m running two SPYPOINT in the lowlands with good results and my buddy has one in the Catskills up high with good results as well
Pretty soon u wont have to get out of bed to go hunting. lol
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2020, 06:41:43 AM »
There was a place in Texas that offered online hunting where you controlled the gun on a turret at a feeder and just paid the fees and never left home

Offline Relf25

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2020, 09:46:31 AM »
There was a place in Texas that offered online hunting where you controlled the gun on a turret at a feeder and just paid the fees and never left home

Seriously? Lol

Wild game is absolute junk, everything they make is crap. The Busbice crew are notorious poachers and headhunters with zero hunting morals (I know for a fact). Only good thing I can say is I bought a $200 wild game in 2015 and it’s still working, everything else either doesn’t work or pics are of unusable quality. That’s why you can buy a WG wireless for $110 or a Bushnell/spartan/etc for $300+ there’s a reason
TEAM TAG OUT

Offline Carbon icon

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2020, 05:00:33 PM »
I’ve been using Moultrie cameras for years with only one issue.. it was a 999 with screen that went black. Moultrie replaced free of charge... I also have 2 mv1 Modems that have been paired with cameras in the woods for three years straight never an issue just replace batteries when alerted to do so... I do have Full service at both modem locations... agree that Wild game innovations are a waste of money unless you don’t care about longevity and picture quality

Offline Carm

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2020, 07:58:37 PM »
I have a couple Wildgame Terra cams that work fine.  Pictures look fine to me and battery life is good. Didn't know about their shady past though. Had I they wouldn't have got my business.

I agree that you get what you pay for, but I'd never buy a $300 trail camera. I've seen what the Tactacams can do at  $120 price point. If I went cell cam I'd would be buying those

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal