Author Topic: Bucket list trip to Maine  (Read 997 times)

Offline bigfoot

• NYS STAFF
Bucket list trip to Maine
« on: August 26, 2020, 11:39:57 AM »
Just got back from long overdue trip to Maine with my brother. We have always stayed in contact, but never had the time to take off a week to go somewhere. We both were always too busy with work, kids and family commitments. He just shutdown his plumbing company and sold his house, went into semi-retirement. I had a bunch of vacation saved, we went to Moosehead Lake for a week, found cabins right on the lake side.

It was great, middle of nowhere - 25 miles to a grocery store - peaceful and quiet - great place to recharge. Fishing is pretty slow there this time of year we did manage to catch & release a few. The pontoon boat in the picture is a rental, we trailered my boat - beautiful crystal clear lake with spots well over 100' deep.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

Offline northie42

Re: Bucket list trip to Maine
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 12:28:41 PM »
its about time you took some time for yourself....looks like heaven on the water.

Offline SHForestry

• NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
  • South Side Rod & Gun Club
    • Sheldon Hill Forestry Supplies Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 04:37:26 PM »
Always nice to get away. Especially fishing with your bro!
http://shop.shforestrysupplies.com/                Forestry-Logging-Safety Equipment

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 06:00:06 PM »
Looks amazing Larry. im sure its something you both needed and enjoyed..
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Appleman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Do it safely or not at all-- there is always time
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 07:49:12 PM »
My friend Randy has a camp on Moosehead and sets "traps" (tip ups) for "touge"(lake trout) that he watches out his lake window and runs out when he gets a flag with his sled.  He is always telling me to come up to fish, work has always gotten in the way...  I'm doing  my best to try to change that change that bad habit prior to taking that long dirt nap that is inevitable.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal