Author Topic: CNN SUCKS  (Read 1092 times)

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
CNN SUCKS
« on: January 29, 2020, 01:49:43 PM »
Its been over 2 years since ive watched more then 2 seconds of this network
https://youtu.be/xuzfmxSvnD0
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline GrizG

Re: CNN SUCKS
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 03:08:24 PM »
The press as we knew it is all but gone... 

There is more newspaper consolidation happening right now now https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/01/29/warren-buffett-said-newspapers-were-going-disappear-now-hes-disappearing-industry/

From that article "Of the nation’s remaining 7,200 newspapers, at least 1,000 are “ghost papers” — meaning they’ve been so hobbled by cutbacks that they produce little original reporting..."  Twenty percent of papers closed since 2004.

The newspaper problem isn't with the reporters per se, it's corporate. I know reporters for papers in Ulster and Orange and they are often hamstrung when it comes to what they can cover and where. Some of the reporters are generally friendly towards us and some are not as they came from areas where people generally are not socialized to guns. I'm working on the later with one but when she's are covering multiple murders and shootings on a near daily basis it's a tough sell. I'm trying to get her to separate the criminal users from the vast majority of non-criminal users in her thinking.  We can help by subscribing to either print or on-line versions of the local papers and thoughtfully commenting on articles... they need the revenue to survive as "news" operations instead of repeaters and we need to use our voices regularly and not let others speak for us.

The cable and broadcast news isn't much better as there is more commentary than there is reporting.  Even on Fox... We do have some friends there though, e.g., Sandra Smith came to several of our Ruffed Grouse Society banquets in Kingston. She's a bird hunter and has a very nice GSH. https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/hunting/qa-fox-reporter-sandra-smith-upland-birds-aldo-leopold-and-gun-dogs-0/  BTW, Whiskey grew up to be enormous.  ;)

With Google and Facebook controlling the web there's not much hope there either.

It is my firm belief that we have to be our own diplomats and each of us has to adopt one or more politicians (that includes committee members, committee chairs and party bosses), and adopt one or more people in the press with whom we develop relationships.  It's not that difficult to gain entry... I figured it out when I was in my 20s... Put yourself out there and invite yourself to the party--soon you will be invited to the party. That's how I met Don B. Kates Jr. and found myself immersed in the national gun debate. I met Bob Barr a few times---he led the charge in Clinton's impeachment :)--as well as many other researchers, politicians, lobbyists, and reporters.

NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA
Ruffed Grouse Society Mid-Hudson

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 04:17:15 PM »
I hate CNN!

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 04:23:03 PM »
I tried watching a couple of the lore left news channels a couple weeks ago i went nuts yelling at the flat out lies they were telling

Offline ATS1755

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • This man's best friend RIP 2011-2020
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 04:35:44 PM »
These arrogant morons will never get it. FAKE NEWS!!!
  C - certainly
  N - not
  N-  news

Offline LouieM

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 07:32:00 AM »
the mainstream media now is all about selling ads.  They need to fill 24hour news cycles.  We cannot trust most of what they are saying.  Major news networks and even major newpapers (NY Times) have to get stories about issues such as war cleared with Washington DC before printing. They are not telling us the whole truth. They are not real journalist anymore.   They tailor these stories to sell war to us.  They tailor these stories to get us to agree to give our guns away....

Offline THE BUCKMASTER

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 06:31:39 PM »
CNN- The Clinton News Network

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal