General Activities > Shooting and supplies

Looking for pistol recommendations

(1/10) > >>

Tippin'Scales:
I've begun the process of getting my Concealed Carry permit and was curious to what the majority of you guys have? From what I'm reading 9mm seams to be most common with low recoil and reasonably inexpensive to shoot.

I also liked the idea of a .22WMR for practice and plinking in addition but it looks like semi auto pistols are not common. I'm not really interested in revolvers so a .22lr might be my only option but I liked the idea of .22WMR as a compact defense gun even though it's not traditionally used for it.

What are your opinions?

jmack413:
9mm good way to go for CC, a lot of good choices out there, as far as the 22mag, stay away from semi auto would take a look for a ruger single six convertible comes with two cylinders one 22lr and 22mag. this is my choice when I go for hikes back up coyote gun. get out to some stores see what catches your eye and feels good in your hand.

Tippin'Scales:
Am I even able to handle a pistol prior to issue of CC? I thought that was a no-no but yet they want you to purchase a gun to be registered on your permit. The safety class did absolutely nothing as far as walking thru the application process 😠 or what state reciprocity are recognized if traveling.

Tippin'Scales:

--- Quote from: jmack413 on January 22, 2020, 05:51:27 PM ---9mm good way to go for CC, a lot of good choices out there, as far as the 22mag, stay away from semi auto would take a look for a ruger single six convertible comes with two cylinders one 22lr and 22mag. this is my choice when I go for hikes back up coyote gun. get out to some stores see what catches your eye and feels good in your hand.

--- End quote ---

I'll look into the Ruger thanks! That's a cool option to switch cylinder for 22 or 22WMR I'm just not a fan of the double action heavy trigger pull. The course had some dummy guns and if used as single action only it isn't as bad.

walkabout:
I carry the S.W. body guard .380 fits nice in my front pocket with no holster. When i use a holster its on my ankle 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version