Author Topic: Hull-O Farms  (Read 1331 times)

Offline KillerCrow

Hull-O Farms
« on: January 21, 2020, 02:15:45 PM »
Went up and had a great time the other day at one of the only local locations for pheasant hunts, we had a great day but were advised that this could be the last year they are open due to declining harvests/hunts and the combination of rising taxes.  Which is a very unfortunate event, they have set up a go fund me page and also still have over 225 birds left as of a week ago for this years hunt. Check them out if you are interested in keeping this wonderful place open, or are interested in a late season adventure for pheasant s
Thanks nick

Offline Tippin'Scales

• Posted
  • NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
  • Tippin' Scales Sportfishing
Re: Hull-O Farms
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 04:56:45 PM »
How much snow they have on ground? I've been wanting to get out with Brody my lab but just don't want to be hiking thru a foot of snow I'm too fat for that crap.  Lol

Offline KillerCrow

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 06:37:33 PM »
Dusting to an inch prior to last weekend I am not sure now

Offline joey

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 11:34:08 PM »
Best of luck, just looked them up. I’m sure it’s going rate but $35-30 a bird. I never understood how guys pay this.  A club membership is basically the cost of 1 or 2 hunts and you can hunt all season. Never mind all the public land in our area. I can think of a few local clubs that are in that price range.  And most bird suppliers sell birds at 1/2 that price or less. I get that your paying for the land etc but I’m not surprised it’s a declining business. The clubs and suppliers are local businesses that need support and membership also.  10 birds $350. If you don’t have a dog it’s another $80 plus tip. You can got to Kansas with lodging and meals for that price per day.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 05:52:02 AM »
I would never pay this either but many people do and they have a great time. Hate to see them go out of business.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Tippin'Scales

• Posted
  • NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
  • Tippin' Scales Sportfishing
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 08:39:12 AM »
I would never pay this either but many people do and they have a great time. Hate to see them go out of business.

Are you still at Lake Katrine Club?

If you are a guy going hunting frequently absolutely it's not worth it for sure, I've done the local thing before State and landowners started retracing stocking sites and it was ok. Now there are only 2 or 3 stocking lands that I'm aware of withing 30 miles but because of limited places crowds are more of a problem.  Also guys learn stocking days and hammer the grounds right away leaving slim pickings rest of week.  For me personally that has only gone out 1 time in 4 years the privacy and guaranteed birds on grounds are worth the money for a fun outing with a couple friends and my dog so it's a bit over 100 bucks a person. How many recreational activities to you justify spending that or more money for a few hours of fun, probably quite a few....  Do I wish more state lands were stocked like when I was a kid for more of a natural wild experience absolutely but unfortunately times have changed.

Offline KillerCrow

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 08:48:48 AM »
Thats why we went yes it is pricey, but we were guaranteed birds, and i need my dog on some live action as opposed to nada in the closest local places 40 Min away, sucks i used to be able to walk out the front door and get a few, but they no longer stock that area.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal