Author Topic: Look at how well bail reform is working  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Carm

Look at how well bail reform is working
« on: January 15, 2020, 06:56:42 PM »
https://wbng.com/2020/01/15/sheriff-suspect-released-sent-back-to-jail-same-day-in-delaware-county/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_WBNG_12_News

Only 2 weeks into it...just the beginning

And if you research this guy a bit you'll see the reason he was in Dutchess was because he was locked up for stealing a car in Suffolk and getting into a pursuit in northern Dutchess.  1 month...3 vehicles stolen...not able to set bail on any of them.

Offline ruck

Re: Look at how well bail reform is working
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 07:06:41 PM »
 I also read where two guys robbed a jewelry store and were released without bail. Guaranteed they run back to Central America.

Offline WEM144

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 09:57:09 PM »
Only the beginning........scary stuff. Hope your proud Cuomo and crew, what a great idea.
Oh Yeah !

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 05:12:21 AM »
Someone my co worker knows was killed in a car accident by a coumo released criminal this past week

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 05:44:45 AM »
For the last 30 years ive only carried a side arm when i would be out with my wife and family now since this bail reform i carry 24/7.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline chris

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 05:53:15 AM »
It’s coming !!!!!

Offline bigfoot

• NYS STAFF
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 06:43:19 AM »
Good point Ron, these guys have nothing to lose. When they get released they can go wherever they want, we don’t have enough police to track them down when they don’t answer their new cuomo traffic ticket.

We should all probably carry more often now.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

Offline cbyzerman

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 07:23:30 AM »
These scumbags could rob 200 house before they get sentenced for the first crime then take all there profits to mexico or some other oooohole  and live like kings the rest of there life...........

Offline Tippin'Scales

• Posted
  • NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
  • Tippin' Scales Sportfishing
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 08:28:50 AM »
For the last 30 years ive only carried a side arm when i would be out with my wife and family now since this bail reform i carry 24/7.

I'm going for my CC permit  with my safety class on Monday,  this bail reform has made it a priority for me. I'd been considering it for along time but never really thought I needed it until now, thanks Cuomo!

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 08:59:51 AM »
I only have one very large hunting handgun but it’s time for a carry side arm

Offline Relf25

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 09:37:32 AM »
With most of my family in law enforcement I see and hear the stories that don’t make the papers or internet articles. Criminals in NYC are being bribed with gift cards, MTA cards, etc etc as incentive to show up for court. Ulster county released 6 this week ALL with history of not showing up for court including a man with 42 previous convictions and a girl who was selling heroin/fentanyl in my town that was responsible for a few deaths. Think she’ll show up for court? I was driving on taconic few days ago and came across what I thought was an accident. I saw atleast a dozen cops,
One of which looked roughed up, tearing apart a Jeep. Guy was caught with 700 ecstasy pills, 3oz of cocaine and 3oz of weed, guy fought and injured cops and needed to be tapered, he was only ticketed to appear in court... sorry for the rambling post but seriously? Regardless of dem or rep, who the hell sees ANY positives to this?!? Complete insanity. NY is a sh*thole!!
TEAM TAG OUT

Offline goodorbit

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 12:18:58 PM »
https://midhudsonnews.com/2020/01/16/police-chief-da-incensed-over-no-bail-release-in-violent-domestic-assault-2/

This guy flat out came close to murdering her. On camera. And walks among us free.

Offline jmack413

• NYS Supporter
  • vegetarian old indian word for lousy hunter,
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 03:34:46 PM »
 (hunt) if the state won't pass a castle doctrine law here ,just going to make up my own

Offline Carm

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 06:43:54 PM »
https://www.localsyr.com/news/local-news/local-judge-shares-thoughts-on-bail-reform/

This judge nailed it right on the head.  Share this video.  People need to know about these "reforms". 

Offline Take Em

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 08:51:23 PM »
Down right SICKENING. Every cop I know hates this and can’t wait to retire now. Way to go Cuomo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal