Author Topic: Land for lease?  (Read 1700 times)

Offline gunner

• Super Hero Member
Land for lease?
« on: December 19, 2019, 09:05:13 PM »
Anyone know of any land farms coming up for lease 2020? Want to check out what’s out there and prices? Thanks in advance. Small parcels probably good 2 maybe 3 . Big parcel also good add more family/ friends.

Offline Gut shot

• NYS STAFF
Re: Land for lease?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 08:29:59 AM »
I would be interested as well - this would be a great place for people to post them .

Offline Appleman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Do it safely or not at all-- there is always time
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 07:52:47 PM »
What's your mileage range and do you need equipment?  What crop plans do you have in mind and will you be able to keep any Ag exemptions in place for the owners? May want to advertise in grassroots paper.  Monthly paper for NY Farm Bureau.  One of the best ways to get the word out into the farm community-- best bang for your buck.  PM me if you need info for Grassroots.

Offline gunner

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 10:14:18 PM »
Probably be nice within 2 hours of 12487 Ulster park and if that far can I bring camper etc closer may not be an issue.  I am open to being a great steward for the land. I am honest and An Honorable Discharged American Veteran if that carries any weight?

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 06:45:49 AM »
Not only are you a honorable veteran your a stand up guy Artie. One of the best guys ive met. Your someone who always goes out of your way for others and a true definition of a sportsmen. Good luck finding a lease bro.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Take Em

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 07:18:45 AM »
 +1

Offline brushwolf

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 08:32:17 AM »
 An Honorable discharged Veteran should hold enormous weight !! It would with me. Ive only met you once in person but I agree with the other comments here as you are always willing to help others and define what an ethical sportsman is.

Offline RageThruTheCage24

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2019, 09:01:55 AM »
There are some out there depending on what you want to spend I've had my eye on one that's been listed for awhile now. I just dont have a few guys who would be willing to spend the money to lease it  but maybe you do here's the link https://www.basecampleasing.com/7020/Sullivan-County-New%20York-Hunting-Lease.html

Offline Appleman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Do it safely or not at all-- there is always time
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 09:55:12 AM »
I know people from Long Island that lease outside of Oneonta for turkeys but are not allowed to hunt deer.  They pay part of the taxes and are responsible for insurance for their group.  So there are all kinds of arrangements that can be set up for leased land to make it happen so think outside of the box.  The lease is affordable and the farmer posts the land and plants the crops.  Once a land owner takes a fee for use of the property insurance becomes an issue.

Offline gunner

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 06:27:10 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys! I am just looking for something that has decent deer my boy and I can hunt. He is limited with school. I just want these next few years we have together to hunt to be productive. Lots of state land but areas I know of are not producing. When he graduates in next few years it is college or military. So trying to be pro active and willing to pay for the memories!

Offline gunner

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2019, 08:44:32 PM »
Ok guys and gals Spruce things up . I am a licensed charter boat captain that is willing to trade some chartered trips for stipend bass on the Hudson April/ may . I have one of the most luxurious and dependable boats out there. Looking for spot to deer hunt with my son ? Photo of boat attached .

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 06:02:50 AM »
Any luck finding any land yet gunner? Ive been asking around for ya with no luck yet.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline cbyzerman

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2020, 08:56:07 AM »
new leases usually do not open up till around march 1st

Offline gunner

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 11:37:16 AM »
Have some feelers out but not much luck. But a good friend is gonna allow my son and I to hunt his 30 acres near Saugerties. So things looking up. Also thanks for looking Ron appreciate that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal