Author Topic: Cellular Trail Cams  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Walnuts

• NYS Supporter
Cellular Trail Cams
« on: December 16, 2019, 05:45:51 AM »
Thinking about buying my son a cam that we can put up on the mountain where he can get pics sent to his phone.  Any suggestions on something reasonable?
Do they all have monthly fees?
Will the batteries last through winter?
Thanks

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
Re: Cellular Trail Cams
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 06:06:23 AM »
I know there was a topic started about this subject a month or so back with some pretty good information.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Yotehntr

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 07:06:40 AM »
I have three SPYPOINT link micro cams. They normally go for around $150. Some of the reviews aren’t the best, but so far I’ve had little issues, compared to the cost.

If you are getting 100 pictures per month or less, there is no fee. Then it tiers up depending on how many cameras you’re running and the amount of hours you select. The setup process is very simple on the SPYPOINT app

The battery usage will all depend on how many pics you’re getting and how often you’re having the camera transmit them to your phone.  Lithium batteries cost a bit more, but they’re the way to go for cell cams, if you plan to leave them out for months at a time.

Offline WEM144

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 07:26:14 AM »
I also have the spypoint cam.  I paid 75.00 , for 1 year of pics and i have two cams out.  It’s pretty cool to have the pics sent right to your phone. 
Oh Yeah !

Offline edk

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 02:30:07 PM »
I've used three SpyPoints all season and am very happy with them, one EVO and two Micros. Just bought two more Micros, Dick's had them for $99 over Black Friday. Pic quality and trigger speed a little better on EVO, but now they offer HD pics for a nominal fee which makes a difference. The data plans are really reasonable compared to the Moultrie Mobil plan I have. $5/mo for 250 pics, $10/mo for 1000, $15/mo for unlimited. if you don't buy a plan you still get 100 pics a month free. Definitely use lithium batteries, mine are still at least 90% from September and I have pics sent instantly. Hope that helps, good luck!

Offline Walnuts

• NYS Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 06:40:51 PM »
Thanks.  Ill give one a try. 

Offline ATS1755

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • This man's best friend RIP 2011-2020
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 06:44:57 PM »
If you have spotty service do the cameras still work?

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 06:01:00 AM »
Pretty soon we wont even have to get out of bed to go hunting..lol
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline cbyzerman

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2019, 08:14:53 AM »
if there is spotty service the cameras will not work....

Offline edk

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 07:59:34 PM »
If you have spotty service do the cameras still work?
You can get a camera that uses Verizon or Nationwide cell service regardless of what service your phone is on. When you turn the camera on you can see the signal strength. I’ve found that moving the camera slightly can make a big difference in the signal. They also offer an add on antenna to boost strength.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal