Author Topic: crossbow during archery season  (Read 8811 times)

Offline Oneshot

Re: crossbow during archery season
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2021, 08:45:12 AM »
Take em , yes big difference between LI and upstate. And I did mention that I did not have luck upstate this year. Note that the parcel  I hunt on Long Island is over 5,000 acres of public land. Land I hunt upstate is 100 acres DEP. My friends on LI don’t hunt the big parcels I do because of what you mentioned e.g., inability to narrow down. Most of their honey holes are private newly opened areas.
And yes, I’m all for junior hunters having more access. I also believe that handicapped individuals be granted more privileges. Enjoy the time in the woods with your son, they grow up quickly!
Stay well.....

Offline coyotekiller

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2021, 05:40:22 AM »
once a outlaw always a outlaw. if there going out at 3am to shoot a deer.Gun bow or crossbow it dont matter they are not hunters and have no regard for the law.We all know people like this in our areas that we hunt.But to put people who choose to crossbow hunt in that group  is wrong.all we want is to be in the woods and enjoy or time there.we all buy licenses to hunt.alot of other states bow crossbow at same time its your choice.We shouldnt be so narrow minded to other wanting to hunt

Offline coyotekiller

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2021, 05:56:38 AM »
it was about 4yrs or so ago 2 people we arrested for hunting on park property in scotchtown ny at around midnight 1 driving a truck the other in the bed with his compound bow both were arrested and it was in the middletown record. outlaws who poach deer turkeys and other game animals hurt our hunting community. Believe me it is a sickness they do it time and time again. Even after being caught.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal