Hunting- In The New York Area > New York Big Game Hunting

Show us your 2019 harvests here

<< < (33/33)

Gary S:
Nice buck Relf Congratulations

Tippin'Scales:
I decided to finish filling the freezer with the Muzzy today. Held out all year waiting for my 2nd target buck and if I connected I would not have used my DMP. I can't wait to see what next years bucks will look like I have at least 5 up and comers that will be shooters next year. My target buck is looking good and not run down in my last pic of him so with this years banner acorn crop I am confident he will be in good shape this winter unless we get huge snows. I estimate him around 115-118" now cant wait to see what he becomes next year!

Might try on Sunday one last time but unless big boy steps out I'm pretty much done for season.

gill1:
Congrats Pat. I too filled the freezer with a doe first doe in 10 years.  First time in 13 years I didn't fill my buck tag because I was after 1 specific buck.  Passed a few decent bucks but like you said "hope they get bigger". I am totally OK with shooting a doe over a buck just to shoot a buck.  Not how I used to think. lol

walkabout:
Didnt want to waste any meat on that one did ya Pat..lol  (beers)

Tippin'Scales:
Haha, I dropped my CVA in the blind a day ago and looks to be hitting a bit high now.... oops. Took out some back strap on the first shot but dropped her in her tracks, had an oh crap moment when she got back up and needed to reload in a hurry was able to follow up another at 75y thru some thick stuff and she went 10y.

Switched to 100% lead hollow point sabot, if it was the other copper bullets I probably would have not been so lucky with the poor expansion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version