Author Topic: Show us your 2019 harvests here  (Read 19017 times)

Offline Yotehntr

Re: Show us your 2019 harvests here
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 06:24:52 PM »
Great story. That’s an awesome deer.

Offline ATS1755

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • This man's best friend RIP 2011-2020
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2019, 06:29:52 PM »
Congrats Killercrow..What a slammer!!

Offline BennyYL

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2019, 06:33:32 PM »
Couldn’t be happier connecting at 7:10 this morning after hiking in almost 2 miles in the moon light to a spot I preset last weekend on public. Had a small come bear by at first light then this guy showed up shortly after milling around. Hell of a drag in the jet sled but worth all the effort.

Offline gunner

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2019, 07:08:02 PM »
Way to go guys. My group of 4 stuck it out from 5 am till 434 sunset not deer taken . I passed on a nice 6 point only legal buck we all seen. Tough cold day sitting on the ground but still beats work . Back at it in am hopefully some moving.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2019, 07:37:17 PM »
Sweet bucks guys.. (beers)
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Tippin'Scales

• Posted
  • NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
  • Tippin' Scales Sportfishing
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2019, 09:01:21 PM »
Way to get it done guys, congratulations...KillerCrow that is awesome buck!

I slept in this morning but afternoon hunt nothing was moving and not a shot within miles.  I have not seen much daylight activity buck or doe in a week hopefully with waning moon it will get them moving again.

Offline marchello19

• “ Dying ain’t much of a living son…”
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2019, 10:53:53 PM »
Awesome deer my friend congratulations!!!

Offline jmack413

• NYS Supporter
  • vegetarian old indian word for lousy hunter,
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2019, 05:45:27 AM »
 .:rifle:. thought it couldn't get much better than my crossbow buck till I took this big guy9 am yesterday. had to wait him out for almost a half hour while he paced back and forth tending a doe, finally  stepped into a spot and the 280 with my pet handloads did the job again 25 yds a piled up had to go get the 4 wheeler wasn't going to drag him out bum left leg scaled #155 dressed 8pt 5 on right 3 on left. you had to see the scars and wound on his neck from fighting,  good luck to all safe hunting. they were on the move

Offline gunner

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2019, 08:51:39 AM »
Great deer everyone congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

Offline KillerCrow

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2019, 10:09:39 AM »
Awesome congrats, I harvested small doe this am only a bear tag left looks like time to lace up boots and find a bear

Offline Warren

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2019, 11:33:01 AM »
DXT -- I'm impressed that your daughter wound head out in that cold weather. Congratulations to her.
There are a lot of nice bucks being taken but I'm proud to show the doe I took yesterday. At 67 I hiked in 1.5 miles and sat and froze all morning. Buy 12:45 God provided me with a legal deer and I gladly took it. Was just as excited as my first deer many years ago. That's why I still hunt. Then I had to drag it out. Glad I had a friend to help me. Shot was a little too far back but was still a double lung shot.

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2019, 12:16:08 PM »
DXT -- I'm impressed that your daughter wound head out in that cold weather. Congratulations to her.
There are a lot of nice bucks being taken but I'm proud to show the doe I took yesterday. At 67 I hiked in 1.5 miles and sat and froze all morning. Buy 12:45 God provided me with a legal deer and I gladly took it. Was just as excited as my first deer many years ago. That's why I still hunt. Then I had to drag it out. Glad I had a friend to help me. Shot was a little too far back but was still a double lung shot.
Congrats Warren,  I hope I'm still hiking in a few miles at 67!
My daughter,  yes I was afraid that it was going to be to cold for her. I got some of my old hunting clothes out for her, the 10x coveralls she is wearing were mine from when I was her age, and she was also wearing a lot of other layers underneath,  combine that with "grandpas" old heavy duty hunting hat and it made the hunt even that much more sentimental, truly a moment we will never forget! Thank you for your kind words,  and congratulations to you also!

Offline logic

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2019, 12:27:28 PM »
Great bucks guys.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2019, 04:25:55 PM »
My 16 year old daughter got this one this morning. It was the first deer we saw this morning,  at about 820 AM. He was cruising for does and she was able to put a great shot on him at about 95 yards with her .243, he didn't go anywhere! Then it was all hugs and celebrations!!!
I'm so proud of her!!!
Awesome job getting her on a buck Matt.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2019, 04:59:55 PM »
My 16 year old daughter got this one this morning. It was the first deer we saw this morning,  at about 820 AM. He was cruising for does and she was able to put a great shot on him at about 95 yards with her .243, he didn't go anywhere! Then it was all hugs and celebrations!!!
I'm so proud of her!!!
Awesome job getting her on a buck Matt.
Thanks Ron, shes still pumped up about it!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal