General Activities > Food and Cooking

venison recipes

(1/1)

ATS1755:
I'd appreciate some of your recipes for venison,especially ground venison.

I'll start by giving you my recipe for venison fajitas.
Start by taking steaks and slice them against the grain about 1/4 to 1/2 inch strips.
Brown the meat in olive oil and keep it rare at this point.
Take meat and put it in a strainer and wash the meat to get all the foam off.
Place dry meat back in skillet with soy sauce ( enough to give a fine coat to cover the bottom of the meat) and sugar (I use about 4 tbl) this works for me but you can experiment to your liking.
add about 1 tbl. of lime juice and continue to cook till the sauce thickens (about 3-4 min.)

While your cooking the meat, in another skillet place a sliced vidalia or sweet onion and cook them in olive oil till they soften, then add sliced red sweet peppers with a little soy sauce and sugar to taste to sweetin the mixture ( I use about 2-3 tbl.) and contiue to cook untill done.

Serve with flour tortillas,Rice,sour cream and your favorite brew ( UBU ale is my choice).

ENJOY AND GOOD LUCK THIS UPCOMING SEASON 
                              (beers)

goodorbit:
I have become a huge fan of shanks and will never spend the time to put one in the grinder again.
https://honest-food.net/braised-venison-shanks-recipe-garlic/
This is my favorite, plenty of garlic and falling off the bone.

Other than that, Oklahoma style burgers are a huge hit with the kids.

- Roll ground vennison into balls, a touch bigger than a golfball, salt, pepper, set aside.
- take 1 sweet onion slice as thin as possible, or run through the mandolin on the finest setting
- Get a skillet or griddle as hot as possible, add a thin coating of high temp oil.
- Place one ball at a time on the skillet, add a generous topping of onions, and smash with a spatula to +/- 3/8" thick
- Once they have sizzled for a bit and developed a good crust flip to onion side down.
- on each patty stack - a slice of cheese, top bun, then bottom bun
- allow to steam for 2-3 min untill the cheese melts and buns are warm
- scoop up a stack, put the bottom bun on the bottom and serve.

ATS1755:
Thanks Goodorbit, sounds great, mouths watering while i was reading your recipe.

poncho:
yummy   always like something diff or someone elses little ways...…   enjoy   I make braciolle instead of cutlets      /////oil//garlic//wine//shake cheese//and a slice of mortadella rolled up////brown in the pan and than do anything your heart//belly desires!!!!!!   eat em up (BBQ) (BBQ)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version