Hunting- In The New York Area > New York Big Game Hunting

What are your thoughts on Antler Restrictions?

(1/14) > >>

Tippin'Scales:
Being we are more Statewide forum now I figured I post a question on what peoples thoughts are on the subject from those outside AR units?

Myself have being in the initial pilot program areas have seen and reaped the benefits of AR but am interested to hear others opinions.   (beers)

greensider:
Don’t think it should be mandatory as to each their own and more people are doing it without being forced to these days

DXT:
Well, if you look at the bucks in 3j and  3c,( like stated original pilot program areas) the results speak for themselves. And I have been noticing a lot more yearling bucks with 8 pt racks for there first set of antlers, which leads me to believe that the genetics have gotten better since program has started. Those young bucks with 7 or 8 point racks turn out to be slammers. Young hunters can still shoot a spike or 4pt until 17 years old, I really think the DEC got it right. Plenty of legal bucks out there, for hunters to harvest.

Like Tipping scales said, let's here from the folks in not AR units.

WEM144:

--- Quote from: DXT on November 12, 2019, 11:18:05 AM ---Well, if you look at the bucks in 3j and  3c,( like stated original pilot program areas) the results speak for themselves. And I have been noticing a lot more yearling bucks with 8 pt racks for there first set of antlers, which leads me to believe that the genetics have gotten better since program has started. Those young bucks with 7 or 8 point racks turn out to be slammers. Young hunters can still shoot a spike or 4pt until 17 years old, I really think the DEC got it right. Plenty of legal bucks out there, for hunters to harvest.

Like Tipping scales said, let's here from the folks in not AR units.

--- End quote ---

I am with DXT on this one......

Timbow:
I hunt Columbia county and I really wish we had AR. It’s just a massacre of young bucks over here in Dutchess/Columbia county.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version