Hunting- In The New York Area > New York Bow Hunting

The dreaded gut shot deer

(1/9) > >>

Relf25:
Welp, The stars aligned for me this am and was able to get a shot on a nice 8pt. Problem is, the arrow deflected on a branch and gut shot him. He was quartering away and the arrow looks to have 4-5" of penetration with some stomach contents on broadhead and an odor of guts. After the shot he walked about 10yds and looked around, he then walked 30yards or so and stood there. Was unable to get another shot on him and could see some guts/entrails of some sort hanging 3-4" down on other side of his body. He eventually chased off a button buck and slowly walked off out of site. I waited 30mins and made a big circle and left, don't think he heard me leave. Going to probably wait until tmrw am. What do you guys think? Dead? He was shot at 945am, shot was back and a little low.

greensider:
Deer search guy told me it’s the best tracking hit dogs really pick up on it maybe you should make the call

marchello19:
Sounds like he should expire. Definitely if you seen entrails coming out. I bet he’s dead before tonight. Good luck man I hope it all works out for you.

Relf25:
There was something hanging out I’m guessing that’s all it could be, think I gotta wait til the am regardless, just hoping it’s a fatal hit, I’m assuming it had to puncture something being there’s a small amount of stomach contents and an odor

MUSKRAT:
I would go back at 3pm and get your dead deer ....
I'm not a big fan of leaving them over night ...
If you jump him , then back out , and go in the morning..
Was there a blood trail ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version