General Category > General Discussions

3 dog night on its way

(1/1)

Appleman:
Possibly picked the last of the apples for 2019 today in the rain.  Incoming 20's F for over 5 hrs will make what's left in the orchard frozen.  Picked Lady Apples, Goldrush, and Haralson today and had a fun ride off of my hill with a truckload down to the cooler.  Will have cooler apples for sale all through the holidays and well into the new year. It's the latest we have ever picked here at the farm by one day.  Now there's no excuse not to hit the deer stand or float some eggs.  Lots to be thankful for; 15 week old female yellow lab is coming along well, and got through harvest without anyone having any health issues.

Hopefully everyone will have SAFETY in their plans while enjoying Fall activity.  If you can't do it safely-- don't do it.  There is always time.

Camp Cook:
Congratulations on a safe successful season.  Go enjoy the Falll!  I always tell my folks to take it slow and think about your actions. If your intuition tells you no , don’t do it.

I grew up on a farm and manage a small beef herd.  The fall is always busy but it is a great time of year to be working outside.  The cows have ate the last of the grass and being moved to the feedlot this weekend.  Once the work is done it feels great to go sit in the woods and take it all in.

WEM144:
Appleman has the best apples around.....I believe it’s 4 yrs in a row for me w the family and we won’t go anywhere else !  Good luck in the woods !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version