Author Topic: Best way to sell a rifle?  (Read 1116 times)

Offline BuckCollector11

Best way to sell a rifle?
« on: October 27, 2019, 03:45:21 PM »
I have a few rifles I would like to sell and I am looking for some help on my options? Other than trading them in to a local dealer is there anywhere I can advertise them for sale? I made a gunbroker account but I am now confused and the whole charging tax and shipping thing. Thanks

Online touge30

Re: Best way to sell a rifle?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 03:50:03 PM »
last couple i sold put them on consignment gunshop told owner what i wanted .he put them up for sale took took ten percent.Iused losies gun shop oneonta.Went pretty smooth just a long wait.

Offline Overland

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 07:46:58 PM »
Trading them to a local dealer is likely the worst option. They will give you pennies on the dollar. Consigning them seems like a good idea if you can find a place to do that.

Craigslist and Facebook both prohibit the sale of firearms. Unfortunately Ron does as well. It would be really nice, and a valuable resource, to be able to buy and sell firearms locally on here.

Gunbroker and AuctionArms are both good options. You should not have to charge tax as an individual. You will have to pay an FFL to ship the firearms for you. There are several local guys who will do this cheaply. I can recommend one if you like.

Another option is putting up a flyer at your rod & gun club, if you belong to one. Or perhaps attend one of the swap meets at Safe Shoot or one of the other local places. Or, just give them to me and that way you won't have to worry about any hassle and you can be certain I'll give them a great home.

Offline gdk45

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 07:57:10 AM »
Swap meets, consignment at a gun shop, post them for sale at a gun club, and advertise on a web forum that allows it.  (Accurate Reloading is one).   Just remember you have to do the transfer after a NICS check.  And if you ship, ship to an FFL.

Offline Firenailer

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 07:28:25 PM »
I’ve sold quite a few on hunting new York.com and gunbroker as well. You just have to have a FFL ready to handle the deal for you. I’ve used Harvey Morgan in Mt Kisco many times and he makes the whole thing easy in spite of the crazy hoops.
"Some men fish all their lives without knowing that it is not really the fish they are after" - Henry David Thoreau

Offline Mr Fudd

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 03:55:55 AM »
What about Armslist? Meet at your at local or in between FFL. If it's out of reasonable distance than have an the FFL ship for 25 bucks. Armslist is nice because it gets you local buyers. Kinda like Craigslist for guns

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal