Author Topic: New Guy Here..  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Mr Fudd

New Guy Here..
« on: October 02, 2019, 08:10:57 PM »
Hey Guys. Hi! I'm a life long hunter and have been lover of NYs great Whitetail and Turkey hunting opportunities since I was a kid. I love this state and love the change of seasons and good long cold winters and long hunting seasons, beautiful surroundings to boot. I recently retired and am a landowner in Ulster County NY. Now that I'm a free man I plan on hunting more than ever. No more waiting for the weekends. Looking forward to some good conversation. I'm going to give this forum a shot. The reason I say this is because it seems like the only thing sportsman wanna talk about anymore is politics. I don't like politics and spend time out in the field to avoid the constant political bombardment we seem to be subject to almost 24/7 anymore. I even gave up on my local gun club because it's pretty much turned into  whineatorium of old men still complaining about Obama and Hillary. Years back we actually talked about hunting, and who shot what, and technique and things hunters should be talking about.  So with that said happy hunting.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
Re: New Guy Here..
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 08:56:56 PM »
Welcome to the site Mr Fudd. Cant wait till i retire and dont have to wait for the weekends any longer. Great site here lots of great people.. Just so you know you can click on ignore boards if its something you dont want to see or read. Thanks for joining look forward to hearing some of your adventures. Ron.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 09:58:13 PM »
I think you will be happy here not much politics here just a bunch of great outdoors people

Offline Tippin'Scales

• Posted
  • NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
  • Tippin' Scales Sportfishing
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 08:39:16 AM »
Most politics on here are pretty tame and infrequent,  they typically are only directly in support of protecting our 2nd ammendment which I feel is a good thing.  That being said just ignore those topics and jump onto commenting and posting your own topics!

Just curious where abouts in Ulster are you from? We have a large percentage of members in Ulster as this is where Hudson Valley Sportsman (former name) now NY Sportsman originated...

Welcome aboard  (beers)

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 07:08:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum !

Offline Take Em

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 08:49:09 PM »
Welcome aboard. Lots of nice bucks roaming around Ulster County this year. Good luck connecting with one on your property

Offline poncho

• NYS Supporter
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 05:59:11 PM »
enjoy the site mr fudd//////always something to read and plenty of cool pics as well as info!!  oh yeah and don't forget to check out the recipes!!!!! (BBQ)

Online Ziffystriperchum

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • FishRockFish! . . .RockFishRock!
    • Striperchum.com
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 08:11:36 AM »
Welcome aboard . . . there was another Mr. Fudd that liked hunting that was a member years back!   . . .

. . . I think his name was Elmer     (santa)
"True Heaven can be found between the skin
and bones of a properly prepared Striped
Bass" . . .

Got Herring???

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal