Author Topic: New to the area freshwater fisherman  (Read 2449 times)

Offline wtg1971

New to the area freshwater fisherman
« on: May 27, 2018, 07:59:06 AM »
Hey all! I am new to the area just moved to Mohegan Lake the first week in Feb. I grew up in MO and WY and came east after high school to serve in the US Navy. I served for over 10 years and have since worked up and down the east coast. I am looking for info on places to fish crappie, walleye, small mouth, perch, etc. I have a electric motor fishing kayak and a Lund. It looks like the resevoirs are out though they look like they would be great. Any other lakes around i can use my boats? Thanks for any info!!!!

Offline Firenailer

Re: New to the area freshwater fisherman
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 08:39:50 AM »
Hey WTG,
Lake Mahopac or Candlewood over CT would probably be the closest for your Lund and both have pretty good bass fishing. The kayak would work up in Bear mountain lakes if you get the permit, or the Long Island Sound if you want to try for blues and Stripers or porgies and blacks later on.

"Some men fish all their lives without knowing that it is not really the fish they are after" - Henry David Thoreau

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 08:21:22 AM »
Some decent walleye fishing on the walkill between Rifton and Newpaltz several places to launch your yak.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline PeteG

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 09:45:09 AM »
Your service is much appreciated.

PM me in the spring for some reservoir fishing. It's some good fishing.
Be well,
Pete

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal