Fishing- In The New York Area > Hudson River Striper Fishing

Hudson River Cooperative Angler program

(1/7) > >>

walkabout:
Hudson River Cooperative Angler Program

Calling all Hudson River anglers! The NYSDEC Hudson River Fisheries Unit is looking for help monitoring our striped bass population. The Atlantic States Fisheries Commission requires each state to run a Cooperative Angler Program (CAP) to help collect statistical data useful in estimating the size of striped bass stocks. Anglers volunteer to keep a fishing logbook throughout the striped bass season (March 16th -November 30th). We send each participant a logbook at the start of the season, and they record date, time, general location, and catch during fishing trips on the Hudson between the George Washington Bridge and the Troy Dam. At the end of the season, anglers receive a summary of all the information from the returned diaries. If you are interested in participating, or know someone that might be, please contact hudsonriverfish@dec.ny.gov.

Tippin'Scales:
I recieved my program and log book last week........

walkabout:
Me also..

chrijo31501:
I got mine last week too

Mudpuppy:
its great and easy to do. plus you can use the booklet for your own record after the season. been doing it for 5 years. contact Jessica best at the new paltz dec if you would like to receive a booklet and participate . jessica.best@dec.ny.gov

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version